Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekend away

It's been a while since I have been able to crochet all day.  Honestly it was the day after I learned to crochet.  I had asked my neighbor to teach me because we were driving to Tennessee to visit family and I wanted to do something on the drive.  Well this weekend we were doing another long drive.  We were headed to Dallas, Texas for my cousin's wedding!

This afghan is taking forever!

We jumped on the toll road


And drove...


Through the Flint Hills of Kansas...

Until we finally got to Oklahoma!  We stopped at some Scenic Turnouts for a stretch, and I'm so glad I brought my big camera!  Some of the photos I snapped were awesome!


The first turnout had a monument telling about the reflection seismograph...


And there was some graffiti, and things people left behind, which usually upsets me because I was taught, and try to teach my kiddos, that you always leave a place the same condition, or better than when you got there.  

This was just too beautiful to be mad at, still, don't deface property!

This graffiti was pretty, although I do NOT condone defacing property.
We kept driving into Texas


And over some swollen rivers


Till we passed Texas Motor Speedway then finally made it to Colleyville!


The wedding was on Sunday, I snapped some photos of the antics of the Men in the wedding party as they did photos before the ceremony.


A few pics of the actual ceremony.
Exchanging vows, looking over the shoulders of my cousin's parents.

You may now kiss the bride!

And a photo of the first dance.


After the reception we continued our celebration with fun and games back at my uncle's house.  Then we got up Monday morning and drove back to Missouri.  I slept most of the way home, so there aren't any pictures!  :)  It was a great weekend away from home, and I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much if it wasn't for our awesome neighbors who took care of our dogs while we were away, and my husband who did all of the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment