Thursday, June 18, 2015

Photo Challenge - Photo 16, words

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  I promise I won't write a thousand words about my picture.  My mother does the same thing every morning, she gets up and she reads her bible with her morning cup of tea, she has a list of names she keeps as a bookmark so she doesn't miss praying for anyone.  When I knew I would need a picture of words I knew I wanted a picture of a verse from my Mother's Bible.  It is well worn, and it's older than I am. 1976 I think is the year she got it.  

The verse I chose to photograph is Jeremiah 29:11, a verse that a lot of my infertility friends know well.

Infertility is a horrible medical condition.  If you have primary infertility, you haven't had a child yet, if you have secondary infertility you have had a child, and then can't have any more.  One of the most hurtful part of infertility are the words others use.


"Just relax"                                                             "When it's meant to happen. it will"
    
            "Why don't you just adopt"

 "You want mine?  Then you'll change your mind"
                                                                                          "Just stop trying"

Words can be hurtful, so the best advice on what to say to someone who is suffering:

"I'm praying for you"                                                                                                 "You have been strong for so long"

                "It is okay to be sad"
                   
                                     "I am here for you"

I never thought I would be in this position, trying to teach others about Infertility.  I am 1 in 8.  Odds are I'm not the only one you know that is suffering, many choose to stay private about this delicate issue.  If someone opens up to you about their situation I hope this gives you a bit of insight on what is the best thing to say.

"Be Careful with your words, 

once they are said, 

they can only be forgiven, 

not forgotten" 

~ Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderfully insightful blog. Sorry for the pain you have to go through to gain this kind of wisdom. I am praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete