Monday, June 15, 2015

Addicted to Lanterns, my 200th Post!


I can't believe I have already reached my 200th post!  So here it is!!!

I have a small collection of mostly vintage lanterns. Most I have just placed right into my decor, some need a bit of TLC before they make it all the way into my home.  Such is the way with old stuff...I had just reset my internet, for the 3rd time, when a picture of two very old kerosene lanterns popped up in my Facebook news feed.  I love swaps!  I was finally the first in line and so of COURSE I jumped all over it!  We met that day and I was the new owner of two wasp nest filled lanterns.  Not kidding about the wasp nest part either.
Can you see the yuck inside the globes?


I got the two lamps apart, and cleaned as best I could with a wire brush, toothbrush and some plain water.  They were very rusty tho...



This is one that I will eventually electrify. I just need to find the parts to make it look the way I want it to look.  For now it's sitting on my mantle.  The other I ended up spraying, clear, but it is in really rough shape so it's going to take me a while longer to get it looking the way I want it.


No comments:

Post a Comment