Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Melted Bead Suncatchers

It's still raining, and looks like it's going to rain all day long, what to do with two kids?  Especially when one HATES staying inside?  Pinterest has tons of ideas, and one that I have been dying to try is melted bead sun-catchers!  I found a great informative blog post about it on The Artful Parent.

Luckily I have a large plastic bead collection...



Then you get out some metal pans, instead of muffin tins I have muffin top tins, or mini pie tins.  The blog assures me that it will not ruin my pans.  I sincerely hope so, but we will see...

Having three people working out of one bucket o' beads is tricky at times and helps with patience, and sharing....

The kids each created two sun-catchers, I got to do four....lol, cause I'm the adult, and I was experimenting with different types of beads, not just pony beads.
 Then we popped them in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes....and waited for the smell of melting plastic!  YUM...

Kayla: It was fun but kind of hard to get the beads in the spot we wanted them in.  I would do this again, but when I'm older...

Brandon: *shrugs* It was ok, I guess.

Some kids are just hard to please.  And now we wait for them to melt...

And they did melt!  Mostly...the shaped beads didn't hold their shape at all, which wasn't surprising.


No comments:

Post a Comment