Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What to do with Blueberries

We picked Blueberries today, as something fun to do, and to fulfill our photo challenge for today "fresh fruit." We ended up with almost 4 pounds of blueberries, and after giving some to the neighbors, and my mother I had plenty to try a recipe I saw for Blueberry-Balsamic Barbecue Sauce. I have a love of Balsamic vinegar so this seemed right up my alley.  Mot to mention I'm gonna make a pork loin for dinner tonight that I can use this on!!!  But you gotta start somewhere so we are starting today with the barbecue sauce.

Blueberries, and Balsamic Vinegar


Sugar, Salt, and minced garlic instead of powdered garlic like the recipe calls for...I never follow a recipe exactly.


and Ketchup, which I hope to be able to make myself in the future.


I also added Molasses, butter, and chili powder.  I was working so fast I didn't get a shot of blending the sauce in the blender after cooking it for 15 minutes.  Nor did I get a shot of putting it into a canning jar...oh well...on to making the pork lion!!!!

This recipe is for cooking a pork loin on a BBQ grill. You get the grill nice and hot and get some good color on the outside...


Then turn the grill down and cook it for an hour using indirect heat.  Internal temperature should reach 160 to make it safe to eat.

Once it almost reaches temperature brush the outside with the Blueberry BBQ sauce and let it continue to cook and caramelize.  The loin needs to rest 15 minutes before slicing it so the juices don't run out.  Serve with potatoes and veggies and enjoy!

Honestly I will make the pork loin again and again, watching it better next time...however, I'm not 100% sold on the blueberry BBQ sauce...not that it was bad, just not what I am used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment