Sunday, December 22, 2013

Heirlooms

This time of year is so wonderful! Presents are wrapped and under the tree, stockings hung, cookies made and decorated.  Now comes the fun part!  Getting together to celebrate the reason for the season, family.



Here in Missouri we got a bit of ice, and a nice layer of snow, so we left early today to drive south to my DH's parents.  And of course I took my most recent project with me.  I got a chance to work on it a bit at their house and my oldest niece sat with me and watched me for a while.  She wants to learn how to make stuff too.  So I have a good idea what I want to get her for her next birthday!


Besides stuffing myself silly on all of the delicious food I love when it's time to give the gifts!  This year I made my oldest niece a scarf and hat, this is the second hat I have made for her, but the first that fits!

She spent the better part of the evening running around the house wearing it, so I think it's safe to say that she likes it!

My favorite gift this year so far was the two quilts we got to select from the "pile" there were several handmade quilts that my DH's Grandma and Mother made.  I have always wanted a vintage quilt to put on a bed and now we have two!  So of course as soon as we got home tonight I stripped the bed in the guest room and put the quilts on!  I love the look...and now I have an excuse to paint!  And there are pillow covers to be made!
All in all it was a wonderful day filled with love and laughter, and you just can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment