Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gifted yarn and a Pompadour stitch

The great thing about joining a Craft group, or in my case a knit and crochet group is the pattern exchanges, and the yarn exchanges!

I got fun yarns because not many people in the group like working with them

I love getting new yarn, or getting to experience different types of yarn.  One of the ladies in the group brought in a bulky yarn that almost has a homespun quality to it, very soft, and the most lux mix of colors!

She didn't want it, found it difficult to work with, so I took it on!

We did a bit of show n tell, so I could see some of the projects they work on as a group, and stuff they donate, and I saw a scarf done in a beautiful pattern, turns out that pattern is actually a baby blanket stitch, but as with most projects it can be altered and just use the stitch for a scarf, so I will be attempting the Pompadour stitch using the above yarn!

The pattern for the Pompadour is simple.

Ch20

Row 1 - Start in the 5th ch, work (1dc, ch2, 1sc) in the same stitch, *sk2ch, (2dc, ch2,1sc) in next st* repeat * to * across, end (2dc, ch2, 1sc) in last ch, ch2 and turn

Row 2 - Work (1dc, ch2, 1sc) in first ch-sp, * work (2dc, ch2, 1sc)in next ch-sp* repeat * to * across, ch2, turn

Row 3 and on - Repeat row 2 until desired length, weave in ends.

UPDATE: Yeah, I am so ambitious!  There is no way, well there is no way I can do the Pompadour scarf with the pretty fluffy yarn, so I am simply doing a row of 10 DC until I have the desired length of scarf.  I will however find an appropriate yarn to do the pompadour stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment