Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Designs for the nursery

One of the fun things about expecting is doing the nursery.  We have known for a while that we were going to do the sock monkey theme.


Unfortunately that is not what is popular right now, or maybe it's fortunate...Not many babies will have that theme, but it makes buying things for the nursery difficult, or very expensive!  Luckily for me that is not a problem!  I can make or create whatever I need for the nursery, with help.  Mr. Fish already painted the crib.  I still need to order a set of alphabet letters and get them painted and hung, and I have some paintings I want to do too...but today I decided that I was going to customize the lamp that will go by the glider.  I found it at a garage sale, I think I paid $3 for it.  I was going to cover it with fabric, and then decided to hand paint some sock monkeys on it instead!



I still need to put a second coat of paint on the front, and paint a "white out" on the back to keep the light from shining through the monkey.



And then I am going to finish taking the trim off the base and replace it with the red.


And when it's all done it will sit on the side table next to the glider!  Keep an eye out for it when I post more pictures of the nursery as I get stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment