Friday, January 8, 2016

Week 27!

According to most pregnancy resources I am officially in my third trimester!!!  The only one I found that doesn't agree with this is "What to Expect..." but I reject their dating system, and will use the others!  This week Guppy is a whooping 15-ish inches, and over 2 pounds!  Her eyes are open when she is not sleeping, and I get the ticklish bumps of hiccups every once in a while.  Otherwise she is just plain ole kicking me and those she deems good enough for a bump from within.  Don't feel bad if you aren't one of the lucky ones, pretty soon she will be too big to hide her kicks and bumps from anyone.

photo from BabyCenter.com


We went to our first childbirth class on Tuesday...it was enlightening to say the least.  We got to watch a labor video, they didn't tell us till afterwords that all three of the moms featured in the video did their birth all natural.  Which cements it even more for me.  I can do it!  I have opted to make a few changes to my birth preferences based on what we learned in class tonight. Most of what is in my plan is already standard for the hospital, but I did add a few things, mainly stressing that I want Guppy to stay with me for all tests and procedures unless it's an emergency, and then hubbs can accompany her, as will I if I'm able.

My next appointment is scheduled for Monday the 11th....the dreaded Glucose test.  After researching it a LOT, and reading TONS of blog posts about it I have decided that I'm going to have a cup of coffee, and eat toast with a scrambled egg before the test and hope for the best. I won't have the results for several days, but I'm not worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment