Friday, December 11, 2015

Week 23! 6 months and counting!

I know as pregnancy progresses I will be gaining weight.  That doesn't stop me from a bit of panic every time I step on a scale.  I worry about eating too much, or not enough, or eating the wrong things.  This week I feel like I took a huge jump up in pounds, especially since my appetite has got me eating constantly, well it feels like constantly. And it's no surprise, my little Guppy is about a foot in length, and weighs around a pound and a quarter!

Photo from Pregnology.com

Her little face is fully formed and if you could see her she would look very similar to how she will when she is born!  She is continuing to gain the cute baby fat we all can't wait to squish,  which will fill out her face and body.  The blood vessels in her lungs are developing this week that will allow her to breathe air once she is born.

On a personal note...because I have been so open about my pregnancy from the beginning, I have been on the receiving end of a lot of advice....some good...some not so good.  I am sure I have said it before, but I really don't want to hear the "horrible birth" stories...and on the same note.  Do NOT tell me that my labor and birth plan is silly, or that I will change my mind.  Them's fighting words....seriously.  I want a medication free, natural birth, where my daughter stays with me the whole time, and we get to go home same day or the next day.  There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to HAVE that birth.  The naysayers just make me anxious about the impending birth of my daughter.  It should be a time of joy, and success of bringing a life into the world.  I am not naive enough to think that it's not going to be painful...but I know I can handle it.  So if you have a problem with the way MY labor and delivery is hopefully going to go. Keep it to yourself.  I know I can do it, and I just want to hear supportive things.  If you have tips or suggestions on how to have a natural birth, bring it on!  I would love to hear it!

Our next appointment is also in a few days, I will do another update after talking to the Dr about my birth preferences and what to expect during delivery!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!! I had a natural medication free birth with my last two!! Of course it hurts but pain doesn't last forever. Just breathe through it. Think about one contraction at a time!!! Youvery got this!!

    ReplyDelete