Tuesday, November 24, 2015

It's 'da bomb!

I have been wanting to do a bacon bomb for quite a while now.  Just never took the time to do one.  Until now!  This is a fairly simple process, and you can put whatever you want in one.  I have a pound of hamburger thawed, and about 2/3 of a pound of ground pork that is begging for something spectacular....So I decided to do a Smoky Applewood bomb with cheese!



Bottom layer is a bacon mat, then the hamburger with the smokey applewood seasoning mix, the plain ground pork, and plenty of cheese.



It all gets rolled up and tucked in then wrapped in foil to be refrigerated overnight (or frozen if you aren't ready to make it right now) to let all of those flavors develop!!



When you are ready to cook this deliciousness (it smelled soooo good when I took it out of the fridge) preheat the oven to 275 and put it on a roaster, or again like me a rack in a large cookie sheet and let it cook for an hour.  With 20 minutes left to countdown there is NO way it's gonna be cooked in time, so I bumped the temperature up to 350, and I'm letting it go for another 50 minutes.  Internal temperature needs to hit 160.



Then turn it to broil and watch it carefully to brown up that bacon!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment