Monday, May 16, 2016

Team no sleep...

It's no joke when a new mom refers to herself as a "Mombie"...after the first three and a half weeks of mom-life my little Baby Fish has started having a witching hour, or two or three...it starts around 4:30 or 5:00 pm.  She fights sleep, and does not want to be put down, and there are very few things that will calm her. The boob always helps, but after our exorcist moment the other evening I am hesitant to offer it to her for comfort.  Another of the things that may help is "the hold" although that doesn't always work...



The other thing is music. Not-lullabies. I found a few of the songs humorous, because of what they were, and because they worked; Pink's So What, Metallica's Master of Puppets, and Lilly Allen's F*** You. Of course I have to be rocking in the chair with her while this is all going on. The minute I stop moving, or turn the music off she wakes up, and I can't put her down...at least until sometime after 9:30 pm.

A Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do...

Even this morning she is holding my phone hostage, but not me.  At least she has good taste in music!

1 comment: