Monday, August 27, 2012

Something with a crunch

You ever wonder what to do with that bread that is almost stale, a bit too crunchy to eat by itself?  I had a loaf of french bread, that I left too long, and it got very crunchy.  So today I decided to make home made croutons!  It is very simple, no "recipe" needed!

Slice the bread into cubes. Again, I have french bread,  you can use any type of bread, really, ANY type!

Melt butter 8-10 Tablespoons depending on how much bread you are using, the more liquid, the crunchier the croutons will be, and the more "meltier" they will be in your mouth!  Of course you can also use olive oil.

Pour the butter/oil over the cubes tossing to cover, then add the spices you want to use, I chose garlic and onion as these are the store bought flavors I always get.  You can use whatever flavors float your boat!

Place the cubes in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes or so, stirring every 5, until all the cubes are crunchy.

Store in the refrigerator until you have eaten them all! Use them on salads, or as a snack!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love croutons on my salads. I also like to use my bread or left over hamburger and hotdog buns to make a crumb topping for chicken. Want my recipe? But there's no bacon or frying in that recipe so maybe you don't... Only kidding!!! Love your blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete