Sunday, August 26, 2012

I don't always deep fry, but when I do...

In my house we always try to eat healthy. Try is the key word,  there's nothing healthy about bacon and butter (ya'll) but I love food...One of our favorite snacks are those little popcorn chicken you can buy frozen, then you just nuke them, if you are in a hurry, or put them in the oven to re-heat them.  But those suckers are like $9.00 a bag!  And who knows what all is put into them.  So when I came across the Sweet Chicky Nuggets on Pinterest I knew I was going to have to try them.

Once they are made it is quick to re-heat them, but when you are making them for the first time it does take some time.  After you beat an egg, add the milk and mix to combine

Slice the chicken breasts into cubes, the recipe says use two, but I used three and it worked well

Add to the milk mixture, cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.

When you are ready to fry them up put 2 inches-ish in a pot and start it heating, make sure you watch it, it can get too hot quickly

While the oil is heating, mix the dry ingredients in a gallon bag, shake to mix

With tongs put all the chicken pieces in the bag and shake it good to get it coated

You can fry 8-10 pieces at a time depending on how wide your fry pan is

When they are browned put them in a bowl lined with paper towels to drain, and serve them with your favorite sauces!

Enjoy!

Once you are done eating all you want to eat, put the remaining nuggets in a freezer bag and spread them in a layer and freeze, once frozen you can put the bag upright.  To reheat just pop them in the microwave until they are hot through!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! If I could only bring myself to deep fry something, I'd try this! Did you think of frying up some biscuits/doughnuts with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made biscuit doughnuts in a long time! I should make those again soon!

    ReplyDelete