Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's an all day thing

Pork was on sale yesterday, so I got a nice big roast, and  I remembered making a delicious BBQ roast years ago so I dug out the recipe.  Low and Slow BBQ Pork Roast is a delicious alternative to a crock pot meal, although it does use the oven...today I don't care.

Preheat the oven to 250

Gather the spices and the roast

Get the rub measured out, and the mixed together, set it aside and deal with the meat







I rinsed my pork roast and patted it dry before putting it on foil and covering it with the rub

Wrap it tightly with foil, adding as much as needed to make it tight and "leak proof" you want the juices to stay inside.

This next step takes hours, so set a timer for 4 or 5 hours and walk away to do something else...

Once the timer has gone off, you are ready for the next step towards dinner! Remove the roast from the oven and make a slit in the top so you can drain the liquid.

Bump up the temperature to 350.







Get out your favorite BBQ sauce

And spread it on top of the roast!

Put it back in the oven and continue cooking for another hour and a half, checking to make sure the top isn't getting too dark (if this happens, put foil over the opening.)

Let it rest a bit while you are pulling the rest of dinner together!  We are having scalloped potatoes and green beans with ours!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I should have been there for that! Bring me some left overs!

    ReplyDelete