Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm in a nutty mood

What a fun and hectic holiday it was!  Much too hectic for me to take pictures or blog...sorry bout that! 

Today I find myself craving nuts. Almonds specifically, and thanks to my Neighbor (2lbs of natural almonds) I can do something about it!  I'm not big on sweet nuts, maybe when I was younger...I digress.  Finding a recipe that was savory vs sweet was a bit of a trial, but I think I found one.  True to how I cook, I altered the recipe to include my favorite spices from The Spice Agent.  If you go and visit them, and buy, make sure you tell them I sent you!


Crisp Spiced Almonds
    1 large egg white
    3/4 teaspoons extra bold smoked salt
    3/8 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
    1/2 tablespoon smoked hot paprika
    3/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
    4 cups Natural Almonds
    3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 330F.
2.       Beat white with salt until foamy and gradually beat in sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, paprika and cayenne.
3.       Stir in nuts and butter, combining well, and spread in a large, shallow roasting pan.

4.       Bake in middle of oven, stirring every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden, about 30-40 minutes.
5.       Spread on foil (or a silicone mat) and cool.

6.       Break up nut clusters. Eat, and enjoy!

May be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment