Friday, September 24, 2010

Organic vs the other stuff...

SO..in doing this furniture project (that would be the storage bench mentioned earlier in this blog) i had to strip the paint off the interior of the bench.  I started with the Citristrip because it is organic and not as "harsh" as the chemical stripper.  As I learned it is also not as effective as the chemical stripper.  I tried TWICE to remove the paint using the orange stuff, and had to wait 48 hours after that to use the Extra Strength stripper, and I still have a lot of sanding to do...so for future projects (and there will be) I will just start with the chemical stripper and be done with it!

But everyone should note, the strong stuff will burn your skin!  (Lesson Learned) so make sure you wear long sleeves and gloves!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment