Sunday, September 26, 2010

Contracting out welding jobs...

So for this bench I decided to use metal for the legs and as a band around the base. Fortunately for me I have a welder at my disposal (the person and the machine)!  So the leg portion of the bench is going great guns!  There has been one setback (but nothing huge) the legs need to be tack welded in place (as in on the bench) so there is a small burn in each corner...as i said, not a biggie!  I can just sand the corners and re-stain them...

After measuring and cutting the pieces with the grinder it my welder laid the pieces out on the actual bench to ensure an exact fit!  The next step is to spot weld it in place, then remove and lay down the actual welds.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you blessed to have your own private welder! You lucky lady! Wait...he's lucky too. His own personal designer!!!
    more love,
    Guess Who?

    ReplyDelete