Friday, April 15, 2016

Week 41!

I never in a million years thought I would be posting a week 41 update...But the average first pregnancy lasts to 41+5...so I may be pregnant for another 5 days!  YIKES!  Today however I will be visiting the doctor's office for a non stress test (NST) and an ultrasound to make sure everything is still looking good and blood flow is as it should be.  If all goes well my doctors will probably let me continue to carry Guppy until next Friday which would be 42 weeks...and if I hit that point, then I fear it could be the Devil's juice (pitocin) for me!

Nooooo Devil's Juice!!!!!!


So what is an NST?  I will be hooked up to a monitor that will keep track of Guppy's heartbeat, and every time I feel her move I click a button!  Simple, but it is important as this test can detect if there is any distress if I have a contraction, which I probably will because I had been getting them every 15 minutes or so, and this test will last around 20-40 minutes.  After this test I will have an ultrasound to check amniotic fluid volume, fetal breathing, and blood flow.

The results of these two tests will determine if I can continue to carry Baby Fish until she is ready or if I need to go ahead and start the process to have her.  There are non chemical ways to induce labor and those are the options I will explore first.

Instead of a bump pic I'm gonna share my funny "Baby Watch 2016" photo from today...in case you missed seeing it on Instagram...


Never fear, I will post when she is here!  Just don't rush to see us!  Remember my post from a few weeks ago about our Monkey and our rules for visiting etc...Breastfeeding is a very important thing for us and we don't want anything to derail our plans to do so, which means feeding on demand...you get the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment