Tuesday, March 8, 2016

But it is my circus! And it's my monkey!

With Baby Fish's debut about a month away I just wanted to take a moment and blog about something that has been on my mind for most of my pregnancy.  My due date...and everything that comes after.

There is a saying floating around the interwebs....that means that it's not my place to fix or change things....


In this instance, it is my circus, and this baby is my monkey...When it comes to my little sock monkey these are my preferences...and hubbs agrees...

1. I have waited a long time for this moment, and I want to enjoy it.  I will post when Guppy is finally here.  I won't be doing many, if any, personal phone calls.  And I really don't want a lot of people visiting us at the hospital,  I don't plan on staying there long anyway.

2. Once we get home and settled we will let you know when we are ready for company.  This is a new adventure for Mr. Fish and I.  I realize that this is my first pregnancy, and I'm not-so-young and inexperienced, but, I have been around enough new moms and babies to know how stuff goes down in the days and weeks following the birth of a baby.  It doesn't matter if it is your first, or your fourth.  A new baby is a learning experience, and can be a somewhat stressful time.  Some people may think that this is "mean" or "rude" of us to want to keep our little miracle all to ourselves for a few weeks, but I promise we will share...just in our own time, I promise!  And please remember when you do come to visit to call first, that way if we are feeding or napping we can get our dogs outside so their barking doesn't startle or wake the baby.  I know anyone that has visited us before can remember how loud both of our dogs are when someone comes to the door...

3. When you do come over, please make sure you are well. With the way viruses are being spread right now, we are being aggressive with protecting baby from outside people until after his/her shots since some people could have been exposed and be a carrier even though they aren't showing any symptoms. I hope you understand, but if not...my baby's immune system is not ready for all of the germs etc that are all around us, and dealing with a sick newborn is horrible....nuff said.

4. I am a paranoid new mom, please don't kiss the baby on the face, or the hands, top of the head is fine if you must, but again, germs...

5. When you hold my baby and she gets fussy, just hand her back to me.  She is probably hungry, or needs a change or just wants mama.  Don't think you are doing me a favor by keeping her in your arms to hush her...unless I'm showering etc...and also on that note, she will (God willing) be exclusively breastfed, so no you can't feed her with a bottle.

6. Pictures will be posted when I can (and I will try because I'm proud of my little miracle)...I will talk on the phone when I can...please don't be mad at me if I don't answer the first time, or return calls immediately.  Texts will probably be better...but there are no guarantees.

Please also remember, Baby Fish is our baby.  And we know best.  Please be respectful of whatever decisions we make regarding our child....

No comments:

Post a Comment