Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner take two!

Thanksgiving is never complete without over stuffing yourself more than once.  Yesterday we were at boyfriend's parents house, and the food there was phenomenal!  I must get the recipes from his mom, and try them myself!  Who says you can only have turkey once a year!

The rest of the weekend we spent with my parents.  My dad smoked a turkey breast on Thanksgiving day, and my mom baked a traditional turkey.  I think we are going to have just enough turkey for the weekend, and maybe just a few meals afterwords. 

Instead of canned pumpkin, my mom decided this year we were going to cook fresh pumpkin and make the whole pie from scratch.  It's a lot of hard work, but worth it! More than enough for a pie, and about four extra cups!

I made the crust, which turned out quite nicely.  I had never made a crust on my own before so it was a new experience for me. 


Of course in true family tradition we doubled the pie crust recipe and rolled out the extra crust and sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar.


There was a lot of extra filling left over so I put that in a glass oven safe dish and baked it seperately, of course.  It didn't take as long, to cook, and will be great for whoever doesn't want to eat my lovely crust.


The rest of the day we spent creating dinner rolls, and cinnamon raisin breakfast rolls.


Finally everything was ready to eat! A full table with ALL the fixins!!



And eat we did!!!


Now, the dishes are done, food put away, recycling put in it's place so now we can relax, and digest!  Tomorrow we are making Homemade noodles with the turkey leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment