Monday, July 18, 2016

Dear fashion industry....

I have one thing to say to you. 

Seriously.  Here I am 12 weeks postpartum and a majority of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe still does not fit me. Has nothing to do with the weight that I gained while pregnant and everything to do with the cut and size of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. I have plenty of stuff that fits don't get me wrong. But there is something inherently wrong with things when a size 10 pair of capri pants fit me and a size 14 pair for some reason do not...Why is that? Why is it my size medium Capri workout pants fit perfectly and a size large or extra large can barely slide up over my thighs? In a time when my ego is quite fragile about the way I look some sizing consistency would be nice.

And on another note, I find it disgusting that are just so hard to find good nursing tops that aren't ridiculously overpriced. If it wasn't for my sister-in-law and her best friend there is no way I would be able to afford the fabulous amount of nursing paraphernalia that I have. What do other women who can't afford more than one nursing bra do??? At almost 40 bucks a pop I realize I have more than $100 worth of nursing bras in my drawer right now. There is no way I could have afforded to purchase all of those myself. And with the way leakage happens while nursing, you definitely need more than one.  And don't get me started on nursing tops; you know the specialty ones that have a hidden opening so you can pop the boob out and feed your kid without showing the world all your goodies. Those bad boys are definitely not cheap. And again considering leakage... You need to have more than one with you at all times or risk having to walk around with wet spots on your top. And after all this talk about breastfeeding looks like I need to go change mine again.

1 comment: