Friday, March 25, 2016

Week 38!

As I get closer to my due date, and could technically deliver any day now...most babies are born between week 38 and week 40, although a first time mom, like me, can go over 41 weeks




That being said....I got to see my little Guppy at my last appointment via ultrasound!  They checked to make sure she is head down, and she is!! She is measuring right on track and has anywhere from two to four weeks left in utero, or a day....who knows!  There are a few last minute changes that need to happen, like getting rid of the lanugo (the hair all over her body) and the vernix (that waxy substance that protected her from the amniotic fluid the last several months).  Not to mention she still needs to develop more surfactant for her little lungs!

photo from pregnology.com

Here is my bump this week, with an official eviction notice!


No comments:

Post a Comment