Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Best Chicken Enchiladas EVER! (easy too)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  It is a day for love, and I LOVE these enchiladas!!!  This go around I'm taking my time, so prepare for a lot of photos!!!



I realize there is no chicken in the above picture, but it's thawing in the microwave.  The joy about this recipe is that you can seriously nuke the whole thing!  Of course I am going to make most of it on the stovetop, cause I love using my new pan! Most of what you see above you can find, except for the salsa...my mama made that...and it is the BEST salsa in the whole world, and ruined me for any store bought salsa.

I don't really measure, especially onion and garlic, cause I simply love onion and garlic.
Sweat the onion in a pan (use oil) then add the garlic when the onion is almost done. Don't want to overcook the garlic.

In the meantime, be cooking the chicken in the microwave or any other method you choose.  When it is cooked throw it into your stand mixer, yes seriously.  Lock it down and turn it on medium and let it go.

Before

After

Add the chicken and spices to the pan and stir to combine and heat.

Then add the cream cheese and stir together.

Fill the flour tortilla shells, this recipe should make more, but I like to really stuff my shells so I end up with around 6 total, and I just put them in microwavable containers so they are already read for lunch!

After these are ready to go, prepare the cheese topping.  In deference to Valentine's Day I'm going to use the Queso Blanco Velveeta so the salsa turns it nice and pink!  And as usual I'm making more than what I need for this recipe because it is soooo yummy and perfect for dipping! Cover the tops of the enchiladas with the cheese mix and cover and put in the fridge.

When you are ready to eat, just reheat the enchiladas and you are ready for a party!



CHICKEN ENCHILADAS


½ cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
¼ cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
6 flour tortilla (6 or 8 inch)
¼ pound Velveeta, cubed
2 tablespoons milk
½ cup chopped tomato, divided (I use salsa)



 

Microwave onion, garlic and oil in 2-quart microwave-safe casserole on High 2 – 3 minutes or until tender, stirring after 2 minutes.  Stir in chicken, chilies, broth and seasonings.  Microwave on high 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  Add cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is melted.  Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam side down, in 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish.  Microwave Velveeta, and ¼ cup tomato in medium microwave –safe bowl on high 2 to 3 minutes or until Velveeta is melted, stirring after each minute.  Pour sauce over tortillas; top with remaining tomatoes.  Microwave on high 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated, turning dish after 3 minutes.



Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment