Monday, September 5, 2016

Because Caaaarbs...

Oh internet, why do you do this to me?  Easy No Knead Bread...Artisan Bread....I want to eat all of the carbs...


And it's really simple to make...seriously!  The recipe I found online is based on Jim Lahey's "No Knead Bread" and the blogger give an excellent step by step.  So I'm not going to.... :)  But what I am going to talk about are the variations to this utterly delicious bread.

The first variation I decided to try was the tomato basil.  Mostly because I have a beautiful basil plant growing on my deck.  Unfortunately there was not enough tomato or basil in it...don't get me wrong, it was very tasty, just not what I was expecting. Definitely need to add more of everything.

Tomato basil and cheese, second rising and fully baked

Next time I do that variety I will make sure to mix the tomato paste into the water so it is distributed better.  In fact it is smart to mix any "liquidy" ingredients into the water before you add to the flour.

My next loaf I decided to make a cinnamon raisin variety. There was not an exact "recipe" so I fudged it and wrote down what I added so I can duplicate it later if I want to.  I used the regular small Jim Lahey loaf as a starter and added:
     1 cup Raisins
     1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
     1-1/2 Tablespoon molasses

Molasses Cinnamon Raisin, Second rise and final bake

Next time I think I will not add the raisins until it's time for the second rise, and just spread the dough out and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar and raisins and then roll it up (like the Peanut butter and Jelly loaf) and bake in a loaf pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment