Saturday, October 15, 2016

Facebook Food

Of all of the things on Facebook right now my favorite to see are the various recipes.  I have several friends that love sharing the yummy treats they see...my stomach says yes, my hips say no...I have pinned several of them on my Pinterest boards including the Shepherd's Pie Potato Skins!

20160202_Sheppard_Pie_Potato_SkinsHeader
Photo from Tip Hero

Let me just say, that when they say in the recipe that you will have some of the filling and potatoes left over, they weren't kidding!  I didn't have large potatoes so I made 6 medium potatoes and I baked them in the oven, 425 for 40-60 min... otherwise I did follow the recipe, measurements and all!  Can you believe it?  We ended up freezing these after they were done instead of eating them.


So what to do with all of the leftover filling and mashed potatoes?  Besides eat it of course!  I rummaged through my refrigerator and found two "mini" cans of crescent roll dough.  I smushed them into my muffin tin and filled them with the mixture and topped them with a dollop of potatoes! Baked them at 350 for almost 20 minutes.  I lost track as Baby Fish was wanting attention...


They turned out quite good, I made a meal out of two of them, and Mr Fish demolished the rest!

Can you see the steam coming off this one?

I would recommend using a non stick spray in the muffin tins to help get these to pop out instead of having to use a utensil to scrape around the edges...they were good never the less!  And I will put this in my bag-o-tricks as a make again.  Although honestly it would have been easier to just make this a pie...and next time i will probably double the sauce part as we didn't have much sauciness.

No comments:

Post a Comment