Thursday, August 11, 2016

Dill weed!

Our garden is doing alright this year, some things are thriving, and others, eh not so much.  One thing that is producing a lot is our cucumbers.  There are some that are super big...


So I decided to make pickles! Mr. Fish requested dill because he doesn't like sweet things (besides me). So I measured and split the cucumbers into spears (the ends were sliced into rounds).


Stuffed the jars...


Got the pickling liquid measured and on the stove.


Then it was time to fill the jars before their 10 minute water bath!


I can't wait to open a jar and see how they taste!


I used a recipe that my mom had in her canning book.  There are a lot of recipes out there on Pinterest etc. This one had dill weed heads, and a clove of garlic in each jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment