Thursday, March 26, 2015

Up early to bake

I have been wanting to attempt scones for a while now.  Well attempt them again.  I have made them once before but they were savory, and took forever to make.  I found a new recipe to try so I got up really early (for me) so I could made a batch fresh before I went to my crochet group at church. I found the recipe online (click here) but wrote it down so it would be easier to make.




This recipe is super simple.  Just five ingredients, six if you use the coarse sugar on top!  Preheat the oven to 400.


Combine the dry ingredients


Then pour in the half pint of heavy cream


Stir just until mixed and scoop by spoonful onto a greased or lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.


Enjoy with homemade jam and jelly, or plain!



No comments:

Post a Comment