Monday, March 23, 2015

Lessons Learned

Oh so many things that I am still learning....

1. DIY is always more satisfying than purchasing...cause you can tweak something so it fits into your home exactly the way you want it to! You can go from what were they thinking to something even better!!!! But always take before photos!!!! I didn't and now all I have left to "remember" this set is the photo you see below, with the lovely jewel tones...




2. Always buy one more can of spray paint than you think you are going to need...because you are going to need it.  Or you end up like me and have to buy three more cans because the old color you selected all those many many months ago was discontinued...yeah that happened....I didn't get good coverage out of the two cans I bought, and I found out last night that I missed several spots on the chair frames...



3. 100% Acetone nail polish will remove spray paint from your skin.  Make sure to wash your hands really good after that, like twice, because nail polish remover doesn't taste worth a darn...

4. Those comfort grip spray paint cans, will get paint ALL over your hands, so if you don't want to have to taste nail polish remover on your hands, do yourself a favor and wear disposable gloves!

5. Thick vinyl that has been rolled up and folded up for sale will not un-crease, no matter how long you fight it, and heat it with a blow dryer...better to spend a bit more for the straight rolled stuff at the fabric place, or better yet, just buy material that is meant for a table top instead of using the super cool fabric you already have (or just use your fabric and put some scotch-guard type stuff on it and hope for the best)



I purchased this table and chair set for $30 (I think) add in the fabric, spray paint and the time...yeah I spent a BIT more than a brand new set, BUT I got a set that is perfect for me, and my house!



No comments:

Post a Comment