Saturday, April 18, 2015

An ongoing adventure


Almost two years ago, I lost my first child, then a few months later I lost our second.  It was a hellish time in my life.  Since then I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.  Oh the joys of that.  I have researched, and finally gone to a reproductive endocrinologist. I have gone through 4 cycles of medication that has turned me into a crazy person, and I just finished my third and final cycle of Inter-Uterine Insemination otherwise known in the Trying To Conceive (TTC) community as IUI
Just chilling after my last procedure



I will not know if this last round was successful for another few weeks otherwise known as the dreaded Two Week Wait (TWW)...I will find out one way or another right around Mother's Day...which in the last two years has been a mixture of pain, sadness, and love for my awesome Mother and Mother-In-Law.

So why post this?  Why blog to the world that I am 1 in 8 women who cannot for some reason or another have a child...It's simple.  This is National Infertility Awareness Week. This medical condition, is vicious.  It can break you if you aren't supported by friends and family.  My husband has been wonderful through the whole thing.  He holds me when I can't hold it in anymore and break down.  He has held me month after month when that dang test shows "nope" not pregnant.  He was there for both of our losses, and it did change both of us.  I hope for the better.

I have kept humor throughout this, I jokingly refer to my crazy moments as a "Ghostbusters day"  Cause at times there is no Dayna, only Zuul...

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I pray for you daily. May God grant you grace as you go through this trial.

    ReplyDelete