Thursday, June 16, 2016

Life after baby

Wow, time has flown by!  It seems like yesterday that I was posting about being pregnant, and then she was here!  It's hard to believe my little baby is almost 2 months old already!

My Sleeping Beauty

Looking back I can see how much my life has changed...for the better...or worse!



But seriously, I have become such a homebody, content (mostly) to stay home with my daughter.  I do enjoy company but have a hard time reaching out to anyone besides my mom.  It's not because I don't want to see people, I'm just preoccupied with my baby.  Being a Stay At Home Mom is my job after-all.  I just never thought I would want to actually STAY at home...I'm such a social butterfly, well I used to be.  Thank goodness for my few commitments (knit/crochet group at church, Bunco and MOPS) or I probably would never leave the house.  At least those few places/groups I do go to are breastfeeding friendly, it does make a difference!

Fergus loves his baby, Mama loves the fluff butt!

 And I used to be early to everything, I'd rather be 5 minutes early than 1 minute late...now I'm lucky to get anywhere and not be 5 minutes late!  Timing naps, feeding, diaper changes....it's tricky!  It never fails, when you are ready to head out the door my little one fills her diaper, and because we are in cloth it has to be changed immediately or she starts "telling me" about it, or it overflows and creates a bigger mess.  And the luggage that you get to take with you everywhere...thankfully my diaper bag is SUPER CUTE and I don't really miss carrying a purse.


It's a learning curve, and just like getting my little one to sleep in her crib it will just take time.  So someday I will be ready to run around more, and when I do go somewhere I will be back to my old self of being early (I hope).  Until then, don't feel neglected (please) if I haven't reached out.  I'm still trying to figure out how to balance being a mom and the rest of my life!

1 comment:

  1. It does get easier. It takes some time. The older she gets, the easier it will be to run errands and be more social! I am just now starting to pack Leo up and spend a majority of the day outside the home. SAHM is the hardest job there is!

    ReplyDelete