Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day projects!

A beautiful Monday, Memorial Day, and instead of doing a BBQ we have been working on projects around the house.  My DH found a lot of 2x boards in the garage so instead of buying some to make a bunkey board for our antique bed we just used what we had!



I also decided this room was the perfect place for the old screen and window that I purchased last year.  Of course I forgot to take pictures of how I went from an old peeling screen and window to the finish that is on there now, but I did scrape most of the paint off, the applied some stain, then a coat of Modge Podge to seal it.  Simple and easy.



I had been uncertain how to achieve the jewelry holder out of the screen that I was wanting to do.  Then I found a pin on Pinterest that was exactly what I wanted, and lead me to a design blog called Beyond The Screen Door that had enough detail that I knew I could replicate it Ms Fish Style...

I had a ton of beads and some small brad nails, thread the beads on the nail

Then carefully hammer the nail into the frame of the screen.

Once you are done hang your necklaces and earrings and enjoy the instant art created in your room!

I did go back and add some more "hooks" down each side so I could hang bracelets and other dangle things.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment