Friday, November 23, 2012

More pie?

Last year I found out (finally) that my DH's favorite pie is PECAN!  He's not much on sweets anyway, so this was a suprise.  He pointed out today that his favorite pie is made of mostly sugar..funny how that works!  This year for dinner at the in-laws house I decided to make a different pecan pie than I did last year..

Of course with my mom not here to help me...I cheated again and used a pre-made pie crust!

First whisk the eggs, and not quite as vigorously as I was whisking the gravy last night...

Then add the light brown sugar

and the dark brown sugar

whisk again

Add the next 5 ingredients

finally stir in the chopped pecans and bake at 350 for 55 minutes (and don't forget to set the timer like I did!!!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! But did you know that egg white makes a nice facial mask? It's ok to splash egg on your face! LOL!! Glad that hot gravey didn't leave a blister or hit your eye!

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner again today!

    ReplyDelete