Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'm not chicken about trying a new recipe!


It’s been a fast paced week…and I haven’t been in the kitchen at all!  So tonight, it’s all about the Garlic Mushroom chicken in a white wine sauce!  There are many steps, and it takes a bit to make, but hopefully the results are worth it! 

The key to cutting chicken breasts is to keep them partially frozen, then they are super easy to cube! 


My recipe calls for dried tarragon, but I bought fresh, so you don’t have to use as much!


 I also like to slice my own mushrooms


Once the chicken is cooked remove it from the pan, and add a bit more oil, then the mushrooms, tarragon and garlic and let them cook down a bit.  


I hardly ever drink wine and I never drink dry wine, so I just purchased a small box of dry white.  


Add to the mushrooms and cook 1 minute, then add the flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly, then add the chicken broth, cooking for another minute or so until the liquid becomes thick.  Next time I make this I am going to double the sauce.


Return the chicken to the pan and let it all heat back up.  Serve over the noodles!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment