Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Adventure, who wants to join me?





Today I embark on a new adventure...Google chrome!  Up to today I've been an avid fan of Firefox, and I'm not saying they are no longer a good browser, I'm just up for trying something new!  I was recently told that Google Chrome offered some different, and some better services than your typical IE8, or Firefox browser, so here it goes!  For the next week, I will attempt to use Google chrome exclusively (there are some sites that only work in IE8) and during that week I will post comments to this post to let everyone (cause I'm sure you are dying to know what I think) know my opinions, pros and cons.  If anyone wants to join this little experiment feel free to do so and post your observations in my comments!  And of course if you are already a chrome user and have some tips or tricks please post those as well!

6 comments:

  1. So far, likin the Chrome, There is a bit of a delay when you click on things, but I'm thinking that's probably from MY computer, so...I reserve judgement for when I use it on a faster computer. Haven't downloaded anything yet...soooo waiting on that opinion as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well somebody is following my advise everywhere.

    The bookmark sync working better than delicious for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't started using the bookmark sync with Google chrome..still using delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose if you use multiple browsers at multiple locations that is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have to do that, the multiple browser usage thing, especially at school because I'm not guaranteed the same computer every day...
    And I don't know if it's my computer or what but when I use Chrome on my laptop it is slow and i sometimes have to hit buttons more than once to get a response...at this point firefox is moving faster...although I do like the way Chrome downloads stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrome is o.k. but Firefox is still better. I like it for quick browsing, but FF is still better with lots of tabs and a wider variety of plug-ins. Aren't ya glad you finally took my advice. :D

    ReplyDelete