Saturday, January 12, 2019

Since I've been gone....


It’s been a hot minute since I’ve blogged anything.  May of 2017 to be exact.  Wow a whole heck of a lot has happened since then.  You can check out my Instagram @the_blue_phoenix if you want to see what we have been up to.  Baby Fish is doing amazing, she’s grown up so much!  She talks a lot and is a drill sergeant when I work out!  She likes to yell at me to do more pushups, burpees and to run faster.  With her as a trainer I’m sure I will do amazing things with my running. Yes, that’s right, I’m now a runner. I still can’t believe it myself sometimes.  Since February 2017 I have dropped 40lbs and have increased my speed and endurance. 2019 is going to be my year; in more ways than one.

In February 2018 I had surgery, after having Baby Fish my cycles were totally screwy and I was having some other issues. Turns out my uterus had a kink in it, so I had my tubes tied and an ablation.  Although that has not totally stopped my monthly it has made it a lot less intense which makes life a ton easier.  It was very hard to get over the loss of my fertility, especially after the frustrations and heartache of trying to get pregnant with Baby Fish.  My marriage had been on the rocks for quite some time, and this really made things worse.  I’m not going into details but by the end of April I told Baby Fish’s dad I wanted a divorce and she and I were forced to move out of his house and into my parents’ house.  It was hard to not have a job and income.  Another hard hit was not being able to bring Fergus with us.  He ended up going to a foster home where he was very loved.


Over the summer I was able to interview for and be offered a job in a high school library.  It’s a dream job really and I started in August 2018.  I love it so much (and according to my boss I’m amazing at it) that I then applied and was accepted to online Graduate School at UCM at Warrensburg where I will pursue my MS Library Science and a teaching certificate! 

After starting my job, I also started looking for a living situation that was NOT with my parents.  I was able to find an amazing house not far from them that was for rent.  My landlords are so awesome that I was allowed to fix up the house with the paint and finishes I wanted so that it truly felt like home for Baby Fish and me.  I’m excited to do more projects this spring as I spent 2 months getting the interior fixed up before we moved in. Kiddo loves her room, and we also brought home two kitten sisters.  Fergus sadly passed away Thanksgiving weekend, a week before I was going to be able to bring him home.

There are a lot of changes now that I am single and on my own, one is being without internet unless I have my cell phone hot spot on, that is still taking some getting used to.  I still don’t have a TV, so my computer serves as a way for me to watch movies when I’m not doing homework.  There are days I wish I had a TV, so I could have noise in the background while I was doing projects around the house, and there are days I am glad I don’t have the distraction.  Not having a movie playing while I am doing homework is probably a good thing.

Although I did not list this as one of my New Year’s Resolutions I do want to get back into blogging again. Maybe not as often as I have in the past, but more often than I have been. 

So there is my quick catch-up for anyone that is still following my blog after my hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment