Friday, November 18, 2016

You tart!

She loves raw apple
Fall is finally here! Even though it's technically been here for a few weeks the weather is finally cooperating so that I can bake! I have been wanting to do a rustic tart for quite some time, so today I put Baby Fish on the counter and got out everything I needed to make a apple tart from scratch.


I used the the Betty Crocker pie crust recipe for an 8 or 9 inch pie however I can't ever follow a recipe exactly so instead of water I added salted caramel vodka.

Granny Smith apples are always good in pies, and that is what I had in my fridge, so that's what I used. I quartered, peeled then sliced them before I tossed them with a little bit of flour, sugar, fresh ground cinnamon, apple pie spice, and dash of ginger and cloves. I didn't measure any of this, sorry if you're wanting an exact recipe.


First, roll the crust out on some parchment paper. Then slide it onto a cookie sheet.


After arranging the apples slices on the crust and folding up the edges and I brushed them with a little bit of heavy cream and then sprinkled raw sugar over the entire thing. 


Pop it in the oven and bake it at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.


Well that was baking whipped up a small batch of microwave salted caramel. I do have a recipe for that! And it was so simple because it's microwave!!!
Once the tart is baked slide the parchment paper off the cookie sheet and onto a wire rack to cool, then drizzle the tart with the caramel sauce! 


Slice and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment