Saturday, December 10, 2011

Breakfast for lunch


To date, although it is a short period of time, all of the food I have blogged about has been a dinner, or weekend lunch type of thing.  I finally got a clear and concise request from my boyfriend.  He wanted pigs in a blanket.  Not the hotdog and cheese wrapped kind, but breakfast pigs in a blanket.  So I am in uncharted territory attempting to make just that, all before having my first cup of coffee. (We got a late start today, another perk of no classes.)

Normally my pancakes are thick, very thick. So for this application I knew I had to make them thinner, more like a crêpe. I do “cheat” when it comes to pancakes, I use Bisquick.  So I followed the recipe on making thinner pancakes and added an extra 1/3 cup of milk, then a splash more.  They turned out very crêpe-esque. 

I only cooked 7 sausages, partly because I don’t usually eat sausage, so there were a lot more than 7 pancakes.  I used a toothpick to secure the pancake to the sausage. 

I then came up with the brilliant idea to use apple butter as the filler for the rest.  It was like eating an apple pie for breakfast/lunch.  

If you don’t do apple butter then you can always use another type of fruit preserve, or jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment